Charles Eames - Lounge Chair plus Ottomane. Lounge Chair in molded rosewood plywood handfinished in beeswax.
Reproduction in best quality made in Italy!
Original quality Eames Lounge Chair at bauhausfurniture:
One of the many legends surrounding the Lounge Chair says that the Lounge Chair was created for Director Billy Wilder, a friend of Eames, so that he could take little naps at the film studio between takes. Another of the legends suggested that for professional reasons Billy Wilder watched a lot of TV and he needed a comfortable chair to sit in. Most probably both are accurate because the Eames Lounge Chair has almost become the embodiment of the comfortable chair.
bauhausfurniture offers you this design classic in line with the original creation made in 1956 for Herman Miller. It is manufactured in accordance with the original form and using the tools employed by the previous Italian licence holder ICF, allowing us to guarantee you original design and the highest quality.
This is what matters:
- T-profile aluminium feet, black lacquered with polished top sides like the original design
- Swivel mechanism with bronze bushing for extended durability
- Seven layered moulded plywood
- Premium quality veneer protected by a layer of clear varnish
- Thick upholstery for long-term accuracy and comfort
- Covered with EU certified leather of European origin.
- Premium rubber silent blocks connecting seat and back rest
- The components of the Lounge Chair, its cast aluminium and laminated plywood were thought up for cost saving mass production. This in combination with high quality leather upholstery converted this chair into an elaborately produced piece of luxury furniture. Eames himself emphasised that his furniture was all about connections. The Lounge Chair thanks a good part of its comfort to the flexibility of the back rest. This is made possible due to the silent blocks glued to the wooden parts. These have been the delicate aspect of the chair since its beginning. And we only use original parts.
- Selection of veneer for the Charles Eames Lounge Chair seat shell. In addition to the wood options, we also offer a black lacquer version.
- The aluminium parts of the Eames Lounge Chair are die cast and subsequently partly lacquered in black. The visible metal parts are hand polished.
- The bauhausfurniture Lounge Chair uses seven layers of plywood. It is glued and bent under pressure and heat. Afterwards it covered with a protective coat of clear varnish.
- One of the challenges comes when placing the wooden shells using glued on rubber elements. A great deal of care is required in the manufacturing process so that it holds permanently.
- Charles Eames said that his Lounge Chair should be as inviting as a "well used baseball glove". This characteristic is attributable to the quality of the leather used. We prefer to upholster our chairs with fine smelling aniline leather, seen here in dark brown.
- It makes good sense when you buy a durable product such as an Eames Lounge Chair from an established company.
- At bauhausfurniture even after your 10-year guarantee expires, we continue to offer parts and service. Companies specialising in bargain prices usually disappear from the market within a short time.